All Angolan citizens have the obligation to do the military registration from age 18 in accordance with the general law on compulsory military service.
Documents required for military registration:
- Passport or Identity Card;
- Three (3) passport photos;
- Registration is free of charge.
Following is the article – 1 and 4 – of the decree nº 40/96 of the Council of Ministers that approves the regulation of the military service.
Artº1 from the General Law on Military Service
- The General Law on Military Service aims to regulate the performance of military service by citizens considering that the defense of the country is the right and the highest and indeclinable duty of every citizen.
- Military service is compulsory
- No citizen can get employment from the state or any other entity or attend any educational institution if refuses to accomplish with their military duties.
- Citizens shall not lose permanent employment or other social benefits by virtue of doing national service.
Artº4 from the General Law on Military Service
- Active military service is accomplished within the Bodies and the branches of the Armed Forces:
- General Staff of the Angolan Armed Forces;
- Angolan National Air Force;
- Angolan Navy;